Originally published at: Git Essential Training | WSQ Courses – WSQ courses | SkillsFuture Courses
Version control is an essential skill for developers to master, and Git is by far the most popular version control system on the web. This course shows you how to use Git, the popular open-source version control software, to manage changes to source code and text files.
- Installing Git
- Initializing a repository
- Writing useful commit messages
- Understanding the Git three-tree architecture
- Tracking when files are added, edited, deleted, or moved
- Viewing change sets and comparing versions
- Undoing changes and rolling back to previous versions
- Ignoring changes to select files
- Creating and working with code branches
- Merging branches and resolving merge conflicts
- Stashing changes for later
- Working with hosted repositories and remote branches
- Developing an effective collaboration workflow
All participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Tertiary Courses after achieved at least 75% attendance.
Funding and Grant Applications
Click the links below to apply. Note that you need to register the course first.
Eligible NTUC members can apply for 50% cash rebate of the unfunded fee from UTAP, capped at $250 per year. Click here to submit UTAP
Courses are provided by tertiarycourses.com.sg